Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer 2011, Part 1


I have a lot of catching up to do. Luckily we aren't world travelers, so it's not like this will be in 10 parts.

I guess I'll begin by telling you about our camping trip. We met up with my brother Turis and sister-in-law Dacia at Tyler State Park the second week of June for a 3 day camping trip. It was very hot, but lots of fun. Elan especially had a good time. Believe it or not, this was his first camping trip. I don't know how we've gone this long without ever taking him. So, everything was new and exciting for him and it was great watching him experience it all for the first time.

A view of the lake about 5 steps away from our campsite.



A view of sun shining through the trees. Only Julio could capture this.

 We each had a good time enjoying the different things the park had to offer. Julio and Turis got to enjoy the park's expansive mountain bike trails. I almost forgot, I also got to go mountain biking (after 3 years of my mountain bike collecting spider webs)! Turis and Dacia got to go out on the lake on the pedal boats with their dogs, Hiro and Emma. Elan got to enjoy the swimming area, hiking, and his first go at fishing. And I got a chance to go for a jog around the tree-shaded trail around the lake.

I hope I don't go overboard with these pictures, but I think it'll give you a better idea of what Elan got to experience during the trip.

Making sure ALL of OUR bikes are secure before heading out on a hike.

Testing the waters.

  
A short climb during our hike.
Going for a ride.

Even the pros fall every now and then.
Gone fishing.

Casting.

Casting again.

Waiting for a bite.

Waiting patiently.
Taking a break from swimming. Of course, this is the only pic taken from my phone. Sorry.
After a nice shower.

Snacking, waiting for dinner.
Sunset

Sleeping in the tent. It was so hot, so we didn't dare use the sleeping bags, and all we had to serve as "a sheet" was a cloth table cloth! Oh, and we forgot the pillows, too! We survived, anyway.

So, that was our camping trip. We'd like to go camping more regularly, but it's been so hot the last few weeks, so we probably won't be doing it again until the Fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment